HISTORY & MOMENTS
THE FIRST ATTEMPT TO FORM A GOLF CLUB IN MILDURA WAS IN 1901
The first attempt to establish a golf club in Mildura was in 1901, when a meeting to form the club, elect officers, and adopt rules was held on Saturday July 27, 1901, at the Mildura Shire Hall. The people elected were: President: R.S. Hooper Vice President:  F.W. Pickering (Pickering was the Shire President) Captain: J. Milroy Smith Hon. Secretary and Treasurer: Sydney Brown, Committee: J E Cowrie, H.E. Parmer, and J.P. Riddell.

The “links” were situated between Walnut Avenue and the old “Recreation Reserve”. A membership fee of 10 shillings and 6 pence was to be charged for men, and 5 shillings for ladies. It was decided that the official opening of the links should take place on Saturday afternoon, July 27, 1901 at 2.30pm when the President will “drive the first ball” (source: handwritten notes by Ron Shea). “About 30 gentlemen, and several ladies, have their names as members of the club. The work of laying out the course had already been done, and very little remains to be done to complete the course, which will be 9 holes, varying from 110 yards to 410 yards in length. The total distance round will be about 2300 yards.” Weather was apparently bad on July 27, 1901, and there were no further reports of the golf club in the “Cultivator” on Sat. Aug 3, or for the rest of 1901.